Are you looking for a fun and exciting way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo Bangkok? You’re in luck! Tonight, several venues around the city will be hosting Cinco de Mayo parties and celebrations, complete with traditional Mexican food, music, and drinks.
Whether you’re a longtime fan of the holiday or simply looking for a new way to experience Bangkok’s vibrant nightlife, there’s something for everyone.
Where to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Bangkok
The best place to get Cinco de Mayo started in Bangkok is at Buddy’s Bar & Grill on Soi 89. Buddy’s will features a huge buffet for just 150 baht and 100-baht margaritas. Read more about it here.
Craft & Slanted Taco on Soi 23 also is one of the favorite places to celebrate Cinco de Mayo Bangkok and this year is no different. You get 10% off all Slanted Taco’s Miami street-style Mexican food, buckets of Corona Extra for 990 baht and all tequila shots will be only 100 baht. DJ Maxxx will be spinning tunes from 6 p.m.
Other Cinco de Mayo Bangkok Parties
- “¡Viva la fiesta!” Cinco de Mayo Bangkok at Guilty Bangkok – Located in the Anantara Siam Hotel on Rajadamri Road, Guilty Bangkok is a popular venue for food, drinks, and live music. Their Cinco de Mayo celebration will feature traditional Mexican food and drink specials, as well as live music to keep the party going all night long.
- Fatty’s Bar & Diner Cinco de Mayo Bangkok – Fatty’s Bar & Diner is a cozy American-style bar that’s perfect for a laid-back night out. Their Cinco de Mayo celebration will include tasty tacos, drink specials, and live music to get you in the mood to party.
- Celebramos Cinco de Mayo at Iron Balls Bar Bangkok – Iron Balls Bar Bangkok is a chic and stylish venue that’s known for its creative cocktails and eclectic vibe. Their Cinco de Mayo celebration will feature a pinata contest with prizes, as well as food and drink specials to keep the party going.
- Cinco de Mayo Bangkok at Mojito Bar – Mojito Bar is a rooftop bar located in the Skyview Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 24. Their Cinco de Mayo celebration will feature DJ Mizuyo and percussionist Camilo, as well as free entry and great drink specials.
- Cinco de Mayo Bangkok at Hemingway Bar – Hemingway Bar Bangkok is a cozy and intimate venue that’s perfect for a night out with friends. Their Cinco de Mayo celebration will feature 99-baht margaritas and 49-baht tacos, but beware the ridiculous ++ service charge and tip. Dance to the beats of DJ Pepe and enjoy non-stop dancing all night long.
- Cinco de Mayo Bangkok party at Above 11 – Finally, head up to the 33rd floor of the Fraser Suites Hotel for a Cinco de Mayo party at Above Eleven. This chic rooftop bar is known for its stunning views of the city skyline, as well as its creative cocktails and delicious cuisine. DJ Ron Jameson will be spinning Latin House beats all night long, so put on your dancing shoes and get ready to party.
Why Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Bangkok?
You may be wondering why anyone in Bangkok would be interested in celebrating Cinco de Mayo. While it’s true that Thailand is far from Mexico, there are plenty of reasons to join in the festivities. For one, Bangkok is a diverse and multicultural city that celebrates a wide variety of holidays and traditions from around the world. Cinco de Mayo is just another opportunity to enjoy great food, music, and company with friends and family.
In addition, many of the venues hosting Cinco de Mayo parties tonight are known for their lively and energetic atmosphere. If you’re looking for a fun night out on the town, these events are not to be missed!
What is Cinco de Mayo and Why is it Celebrated Worldwide?
Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday that commemorates the Mexican Army’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. While the victory was relatively minor in the grand scheme of the Franco-Mexican War, it became a symbol of Mexican resilience and patriotism. Cinco de Mayo celebrations in Mexico typically involve parades, music, and food.
However, the holiday has also gained popularity around the world as a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage. In the United States, Cinco de Mayo has become a widely celebrated holiday, particularly in areas with large Mexican-American populations. It’s a day to enjoy traditional Mexican food and drink, listen to music, and celebrate the country’s rich cultural heritage.